Keto BBQ Sauce
Our household uses BBQ sauce as an everyday condiment and none of the sugar-free store bought sauces were cutting it. So, I modified a couple of the popular recipes I found online and made them more Keto friendly!
Servings: 32 servings
- 1 1/2 cups tomato paste 2 – 6 ounce cans
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup MonkSweet
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika pimentón
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke I like mesquite flavored
- 1 1/2 cups beef bone broth
- 2 tbsp garlic powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp bacon grease
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
For best flavor, cover and refrigerate overnight. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
optional: a few pinches of cayenne powder for extra heat, which I recommend
If you are making this sauce gluten-free, be sure to find a brand of liquid smoke that is certified GF.