“OREO” COOKIE PIE CRUST
This is a wonderful imposter of a true chocolate cookie crust. After the crust has chilled in the refrigerator overnight you will be surprised at how crunchy, chocolatey it tastes!
Servings: 8 slices
- 2 cups of Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup of dark cocoa powder (I like to use “black” cocoa powder for more of the “Oreo” flavour.
- 1/2 cup Monksweet sweetener Swerve works too
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee optional
- 1/8 tsp or pinch of kosher salt
- 2/3 cup of melted butter you can use more if needed
MAKE THE CRUST
Lightly toast almond flour in a dry pan/skillet on medium heat, until lightly golden and fragrant (2-4 minutes). This helps mimic the full “oreo” flavour.
Transfer toasted almond flour to a medium sized bowl, and mix in cocoa, sweetener, coffee (optional) and salt.
Add in butter, mix until thoroughly combined.
Press into springform pan or pie plate (I like to use the flat bottom of a large measuring cup for pressing) and refrigerate before filling.