Rich and Moist Paleo Brownies
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup walnuts optional
- ½ of good quality dark chocolate bar smashed/chopped into fine pieces I use Fair Trade Organic Dark 72% Chocolate Bar 3.5 oz bar from Trader Joe’s
- ½ cup cocoa powder I use Trader Joe’s Organic Cocoa Powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Wet ingredients
- ½ cup coconut oil or grass fed butter for less coconut flavor melted (plus a little non-melted for greasing pan)
- ½ cup maple syrup or ½ cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 6 medjool dates pitted
- 1 tablespoon of warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract[/recipe-ingredients]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease pan with coconut oil or butter.
- In a medium bowl add all dry ingredients and combine.
- Mix dates in food processor with a tablespoon of warm water until pasty
- In a small bowl beat eggs then add melted coconut oil or butter and the rest of the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and thoroughly incorporate.
- Spoon in mixture into greased 8 x 8 brownie pan and place in the oven for 35 minutes or until top has risen and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once done let cool in pan for about 5-10 minutes.
- Place in airtight container so brownie squares stay moist