Vanilla Cave Cakes (cupcakes or cake)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or other sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar for egg whites
- 1/4 cup oil melted coconut oil or ghee
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Grease pan and or cupcake tins (I use coconut oil)
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Place the yolks in a separate mixing bowl, and then beat the egg whites with the vinegar until it’s just starting to form soft peaks, not stiff peaks like a merengue.
- Now whisk together egg yolks, coconut cream, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- In a smaller bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, coconut palm sugar, salt, and baking soda. (I sift the dry ingredients for a fluffier cake but you do not have to do this)
- Mix dry ingredients into wet thoroughly.
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish and pour in batter or cupcake tins, then smooth tops
- Bake for 30 minutes until the center is not soft and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.