Velvety Smooth Marinara Sauce
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. sweetener I use Monksweet
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced small
- 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2.5 cups water
- Bring butter, sweetener, tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning, and onion, to a boil in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat
- Reduce heat to med-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors meld and sauce is slightly reduced, about 45 minutes.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper before serving.